Job Announcement: Innovation for Change—East Asia Finance Manager
Position: Finance Manager
Location: Office-based, at the East Asia Hub’s Host Organization
Employment Condition: Full-time
Employment Duration: 11 months (1 September 2018 to 31 July 2019), with months #1-3 as probationary period, subject to job performance evaluation
Compensation: 3,500 USD per month (gross) (in addition to fixed health insurance)
Deadline for Submission of Applications : 24 August 2018
Day of Interview of Shortlisted Candidates: 27 August 2018 (Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview)
About the Organization
Innovation for Change is a global network which looks to transform civil society impact, scale citizen action, and create the opportunity for a new generation of civic action to take shape through collaboration, leverage, and learning. I4C—East Asia is one of six regional hubs worldwide, spearheaded at the global level by Civicus Alliance and Counterpart International, with the support of a multi-donor consortium, and is currently hosted by FORUM-ASIA at its Bangkok, Thailand Office.
Innovation for Change, through simultaneous co-design processes, has set up an East Asia regional hub in partnership with East Asia civil society regional networks, movements and organizations. TheI4C—East Asia process is led by a team of three East Asia incubators, namely the Asia DemocracyNetwork (ADN), the Asian Forum for Human Rights and Development (FORUM-ASIA), and the Southeast Asian Press Alliance (SEAPA).
The East Asia Incubators and the East Asia Hub ensure that the vision, spirit and co-creation principles of Innovation for Change are embodied in the East Asia process. Since January 2017 to the present, the I4C East Asia Hub has been offering innovative co-designed services and activities in the defense, expansion and creation of civic space in East Asia.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for managing all general financial and logistical matters for the I4C-East Asia Hub, its incubators, staff, and community.
- Works in cooperation with the hub team and East Asia implementation teams by ensuring the availability of and accounting for hub financial resources for services and activities in accordance with hub plans and budgets, and ensuring the utmost wellness and productivity of the hub team.
- Provides support work for hub services and activities in accordance with the global mission and vision, and regional goals and service objectives.
- Works in compliance with the Hub host’s financial guidelines as well as donor guidelines.
- Reports directly to the East Asia Hub Programme Director.
The work of the FM includes finance related activities such as managing accounts payable and receivable and accounting records, preparing financial reports required by I4C-East Asia, and also related administrative tasks, such as, managing the procurement process for office equipment and supplies, maintaining relationships with office vendors, coordinating logistical arrangements for I4C-East Asia activities and staff, maintaining physical and digital files of I4C-East Asia, and other tasks as assigned by the Programme Director.
Recordkeeping and Reporting
Record organizational expenditures, ensure the maintenance of all proper physical and digital documentation, and prepare financial reports as required.
- Prepare organizational financial policies, systems and procedures, including petty cash, expenses, income & expenditure records, process all invoices and payments through Cash flow and monthly bank reconciliation, in accordance with I4C Global and the Hub host’s guidelines.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual organizational budget and maintain regular budget tracking.
- Maintain accurate accounting of all organizational expenditures, including records and documentation on file for all organizational transactions.
- Provide the Programme Director with a monthly financial report.
- Maintain a schedule of internal and external reporting deadlines. Prepare I4C East Asia financial reports in timely compliance with donor reporting guidelines and statutory requirements.
- Maintain an office petty cash and monitor/regulate staff petty cash.
- Facilitate internal and external audits.
- Administer monthly payroll.
- Ensure the application and administration of employee benefits.
Innovation for Change Project-wide Competencies
- Basic commitment to promote, strengthen, connect pluralistic, rights-based civil society
- Basic commitment to innovate through demand driven and cutting edge initiatives to protect, defend and create civic space
- High commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusiveness
Bachelor’s degree or higher in the field related to Accounting, Business Administration.
- Mature personality, with the ability to be part of a team, work in a multi-cultural and demanding work environment with multi-service/activity coordination
- Strong financial and administrative background, including general knowledge of employment laws and practices, experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other human resources programs
- Advanced knowledge of relevant computer software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office products, Quickbooks, database software, etc.) and secure communications applications
- Self-motivated, positive attitude, strategic thinking, and multi-tasking ability
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task, and manage deadlines
- Able to analyze problems and design solutions at functional levels
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality
- Minimum of five years work experience in setting up and managing financial systems (accounting and project financial management), office management and administrative systems.
- Experience reporting to and working with I4C’s institutional donors.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Advanced knowledge of relevant computer software programs (e.g. Microsoft Office products, Quickbooks , database software, etc.).
- Proficiency in other computer software such as Word, Power-Point, and secure communications applications such as Signal, Protonmail, and Jitsi; and database and file sharing applications.
- Good communication skills in English.
- Good professional writing skills in English.
- May be a citizen or permanent resident of Thailand
- Must work 40 hours at the I4C East Asia hub (100%)
- Willingness to travel outside of country of residence, if warranted for project work
- Willingness to work in conflict or high security environments
Those interested in applying for the position of Finance Manager of I4C-East Asia should send their resumé and a cover letter indicating their reason of interest and background on or before the deadline of 24 August 2018 addressed to:
Online or Face to Face interviews only for short listed candidates will be conducted on 27 August 2018.0