The Innovation for Change Helper Hub, consisting of CIVICUS and Counterpart International (“We”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out how the personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
If you have any questions about this policy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For the purpose of the GDPR, the data controller is Counterpart International: 2345 Crystal Dr #301, Arlington, VA 22202.
- Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.innovationforchange.net (“our site”). This includes information you provide when subscribing to our email services and newsletters, registering for an event, or requesting further services. The information you provide to us may include your name, organisation name, address, e-mail address, photographs, country and region of origin, the ways you interact with our site, phone number, and other details relevant to your activities and status in the network.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them and we keep information anonymous
- Cookies and IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer or device, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns when using our site, and does not identify any individual.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive. It enables us to identify your computer as you view different pages on our website.
Cookies allow us to store your preferences to present content and functions that are specific to you. They also enable us to see information like how many people use the website and what pages they tend to visit. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate the size of our audience and how they use our site.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
- Your security and how we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site – so any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- How we use your information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective and easily understandable way for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you requested from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- To provide analytics about the reach and engagement of our content to donors. These analytics are anonymous.
- Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we are working with them to deliver a service you have requested, under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of CIVICUS or others.
- Your right to refuse data collecting
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing and information-sharing purposes. We will always inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. It is your right to prevent us from contacting you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or by contacting us at email@example.com
- Following links to and from our site
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- Access to your information
You have the right to access information held about you. You can request information we hold about you by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.